*Disclaimer: I am not a food blogger so please excuse my pitiful picture!*
It’s time to get out that grill and start enjoying this warmer weather! Just because you’re eating healthier and working out doesn’t mean you can’t also have treats. I LOVE deviled eggs but the mayo needed for the recipe is full of extra calories and fat. My mom has been substituting yogurt in place of mayonnaise for years and it taste just as good if not better!
- 12 eggs
- ½ C + 2 tbsp plain yogurt (my mom has used several different flavors)
- 1½ tsp yellow or djion mustard
- 1½ tsp white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish (optional)
- Place eggs in a saucepan with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, remove and cover for 12 minutes
- Remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice water. When eggs have cooled, remove shell and slice in half lengthwise
- Remove egg yolks to a bowl and arrange egg white on a plate cut side up
- Mix together yolks, yogurt, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper until creamy
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Now the trick is to not devour all of the eggs, so I usually just place a few on my plate then run away quickly!